Saturday, April 10, 2010

Labeling, Spatial Analyst, and 3D Analyst




In this lesson I completed a module from the ESRI training site related to labeling. This lesson presented some very useful information about how the dynamic labeling works within ArcMap and how to adjust the presets to fit better with maps I am designing. It also explained how annotations are different than labels and how they can be used in mapmaking. This lab was useful to me because in the past I mainly just turned labels on and off and converted them to annotations all at once to move around. This lab let me see how the labeling concepts I learned in my other class (Cartographic Skills) could be used within ArcMap (in the other class I applied the concepts in AI.)




The next section of the lab was an introduction to Spatial Analyst. This gave me some basic information about Spatial Analyst and allowed me to learn about some of the tools I will be using in future projects. The images above are from this module.
The final section of the lab focused on 3D Analyst. This is a really cool section. I am posting the first image we had to create in the lab which is a trail (in red) laid over the terrain. I am just getting into this lesson and really enjoying it, but wanted to post the image before the due date to be sure I didn't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment