
The Lab Exercise
I thought this exercise was really cool because I got to start with a blank page and end up with a map (pictured above.) At the beginning of the exercise, I had to add the country and city layers. After this came some practice using ArcMap doing things such as moving around the map by using the attribute table and measuring distance. Next I learned about how to change the map to reflect population differences in the countries through colors. Finally I learned about adding map features including a north arrow and scale bar.
The only trouble I had with this exercise was changing the map display to Degrees Minutes Seconds. I could not find the correct way to do this according to the lesson. After a few tries, I checked the help file which pointed me to a different way of completing this. I ended up clicking on the Tools menu, then went to Options, and Data View. I was able to correct it from there.
A Side Note
One part I was expecting to fly through really ended up taking quite a bit longer than I anticipated- choosing a north arrow. I had a lot of fun browsing through all the different kinds offered in the program before getting back to work and finishing up the map.
No comments:
Post a Comment