Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Haiti Maps

Distance From the Epicenter
I found this map of the earthquake in Haiti at this website
It shows the population of Haiti by administrative regions with an overlay of the distance from the epicenter of the earthquake. I like this map because it very clearly shows the major population center of Port-Au-Prince and how close it was to the epicenter. Another reason this map stuck out to me is because it is very close to an assignment on Mexico I did for this class (minus the earthquake overlay.) It was very interesting to see how that exercise that I had to do could be useful in real-life situations.

Also I am including a map from Der Spiegel showing the fault line near Port-Au-Prince that goes along with my class discussion post about the possibility of moving or de-centralizing the capital city.




No comments:

Post a Comment