Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Editing the Map Data

Adding to the layers
For this lab I was given the map above with a few of the objects missing or distorted. I had to add a road, a building, a few athletic fields, and modify a couple of the buildings. This lab should have been very quick and easy. It did end up being easy, but was not quick at all.

The program was running painfully slow. I kept logging on on different days hoping it would speed up, but it never did. I was even waiting just for the cursor to change to a different symbol once I clicked on something. The instructor has said IT has been talked to about this and is working on a solution. That will definitely be appreciated.

The only problem I had with this assignment was when I wanted to check to be sure I was about to do something in the right way. Usually I can look back on the lab notes where we learned the process. This time it was done online through ESRI so if I wanted to check up on something I had to log on there to look it up. This was only a minor inconvenience though, not a real problem. The rest was smooth sailing. I put less time into the layout of this map because it was taking so long I just wanted to be sure it got done without the program freezing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment